Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting to know a piece of land

I am the Egdon Heath, the ceaselessly constant land mass home to many a character.  I am dull, but beautiful, boring, but interesting, but only to those with the right eye to see it.  I am a harsh land and I have brought up (as I am their mother, that which supports them) rough children, whose lives are simple and dedicated to preservation and pointless gossip.  Like any parent I give my children the room to grow, and I continually encroach upon their land.
They are Ozymandius,
and I am the desert.
Until they day that they can no longer stop my growth they live on.
I feel like this is all rather dark.
I apologize, one is prone to such feelings after being stepped on for so long, and forgotten for so long as well.  See, everyone seems to think I am just a piece of dirt, and (just like i were the setting in the novel of a book, being read by high schoolers) I am taken for granted.
And that just sucks!
I guess that is all I have for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment